MacDonald Island Park Activity Update - November 27, 2020
On November 24, the Government of Alberta announced additional new public health measures for communities on the enhanced list, including Fort McMurray. These measures are effective as of November 27 and are in effect for three weeks pending further provincial recommendations at that time. If you have questions, please contact Guest Services at 780-791-0070. To find specific information about available activities click here.
Everything you need to know for planning your visit to MacDonald Island Park
- If you are feeling ill, have traveled in the past 14 days, have been in contact with anyone confirmed to have or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 please refrain from visiting any RRC Facility.
- One way traffic flow through all spaces will be maintained when possible. Please pay attention to and follow all signage in the various amenities.
- Practice social distancing around anyone else inside the facilities – please maintain 2 metres of distance between you and staff/other guests of the facility.
- Please expect to see limits to space capacities inside the facility.
- Please use our mandatory sanitizing stations, to wipe down and sanitize your hands and equipment with supplies provided, particularly between visits to amenities.
- Debit, credit or contactless payment is preferred.
- Some high touch surfaces will be offline (Vending machines, seating, drinking fountains, ATMs etc)
- Access to the main facility change rooms will not be available, please arrive dressed for your activity.
- Syncrude Aquatic Centre change rooms are available for pool users. For details please visit: macdonaldisland.ca/reopen/aquaticcentre
- Scheduled cleaning and disinfection of high touch surfaces will be occurring.
- Due to Provincial Guidelines, some areas of the facility may not be accessible.
Wristbands are required for all visits and will be self-applied. Smart Scan wristbands can be disinfected after use. Paper wristbands, please remove and discard prior to leaving the facility.
For amenity specific guidelines please visit: macdonaldisland.ca/reopen
HOW WE ARE KEEPING GUESTS SAFE
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Facility Hours of Operation
5:00 am to 10:00 pm
December 4 Re-activation of MIP Memberships
- Upon closing the facilities in March, all membership types including annual, continuous, monthly and punch passes were put on hold.
- From March 14 – June 18, 2020, membership dues were not collected.
- Starting June 19, members had the option to contact us to re-activate their membership if they wished to do so.
- If members chose not to re-activate, their membership remains on hold until December 4, 2020.
- At the time of activation, memberships will be extended for the length of time that the facility was closed.
Members currently have the option to continue to keep their membership on hold until December 4, 2020.
If you wish to keep your membership on hold, please submit your request to Guest Services via email.
Currently the benefits that are associated with MemberPlus+ are not available. If you choose to reactivate at this time, you will be re-activated at the regular membership rate.
If you require any additional assistance with your membership, please contact Guest Services at 790-791-0070.
Registered Programming is back. Browse programs