Facility Update - October 8
Smart Scan Reactivation Effective October 8:
- In alignment with the Restrictions Exemption Program, Smart Scan wristbands are deactivated pending provision of proof of vaccination or exemption.
- To reactivate your Smart Scan wristband, please visit Guest Services with your proof of vaccination or exemption status.
- At this time those who provide proof of negative test result will not be able to reactivate Smart Scan wristbands.
- Anyone misusing their Smart Scan wristband may have Smart Scan privileges removed or membership suspended.
- You can find more info on Smart Scan here
Facility Update - September 20
On Monday September 20, 2021 we will be implementing the Restriction Exemption Program (REP) as per the Government of Alberta announcement on September 15. As we implement the program we will be following the guidelines provided by the province so that we are able to continue providing programs and services to the community.
Please note that on your next visit the way you access the facility may look a bit different as we implement these guidelines. Please remember that our staff is simply following protocols set out by the Province and we appreciate your support as we navigate this together.
Please note that if you are visiting the facility for an activity that is covered under the REP program we will be temporarily changing our check-in process to align with the guidelines provided:
1) Members & Guests will check in at the Guest Services desk located at the entrance to Suncor Community Leisure Centre to provide one of the following:
- Proof of Vaccination (single dose accepted starting Sept. 20 double doses required after Oct. 25)
- Proof of a privately paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hrs of service
- Documentation of a medical exemption
2) Guests will obtain a paper wristband to access their activity or amenity. Members providing proof of vaccination or exemption may have their Smart Scan wristbands reactivated.
Per the guidelines provided by the Government of Alberta, we are not requiring proof of vaccination or proof of negative test for the public to access areas not impacted by restrictions or not eligible for the Restrictions Exemption Program such as main concourses, spectator seating, leaseholder spaces, youth programs and activities (except where a parent is present), outdoor amenities, and retail locations).
Facility Update -September 16
On September 15, in response to increasing COVID-19 cases, the Government of Alberta presented two options for continued operations for businesses in the province effective September 20. These options are:
- Implement the Restrictions Exemption Program requiring proof of vaccination or negative rapid test result to continue operating as usual, or
- Follow the extensive capacity and operating restrictions as outlined at COVID-19 public health actions | Alberta.ca
Based on the information provided by the Province of Alberta at this time and in an effort to provide maximum access to facilities, the RRC will be implementing a restrictions exemption program for participating spaces.
Access to programs and services offered at RRC facilities will become subject to proof of vaccination or proof of negative test beginning September 20, 2021.
General access to facilities is not subject to proof of vaccination or proof of negative test (“general access” means publicly accessible areas – concourses, spectator seating, etc.).
Proof of vaccination or proof of negative test will be limited to patrons accessing programs and services impacted by restrictions outlined on the Provincial website: https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-public-health-actions.aspx
For proof of negative test:
- To enter spaces participating in the Restrictions Exemption Program, people aged 12 and older can show proof of a negative test result.
- Tests must be privately-paid COVID-19 PCR or rapid tests completed within 72 hours.
- Tests must not be from Alberta Health Services or Alberta Precision Laboratories.
For proof of vaccination:
- To enter spaces participating in the Restrictions Exemption Program, people ages 12 and older can provide proof of vaccination or documentation of a medical exemption.
- Sept. 20 to Oct. 25: proof of a single dose is considered acceptable as long as the dose was given more than 2 weeks before the time of service.
- After Oct. 25: proof of double vaccination is required.
How will this affect my RRC membership?
All memberships including annual, corporate, continuous, monthly and punch pass holders, will continue to be active at this time. If you have any questions or concerns please contact MacDonald Island Park Guest Services at 780-791-0070, Anzac Recreation Guest Services at 780-793-6900, and Conklin Multiplex Guest Services 780-793-6970.
Can I put my membership on hold?
Annual, Group, or Continuous members can put their memberships on hold for up to 90 days once per calendar year. Please contact guest services at [email protected] for more information.
Can I still utilize my SmartScan Wristband?
In alignment with the Restrictions Exemption Program, Smart Scan wristbands are deactivated pending provision of proof of vaccination or exemption. To reactivate your Smart Scan wristband, please visit Guest Services with your proof of vaccination or exemption status. At this time those who provide proof of negative test result will not be able to reactivate Smart Scan wristbands.
Can I cancel my RRC membership?
Myself or my child are registered for programming, do I require proof of vaccination to attend?
All programs will continue to run as normal. Participants 18 years of age and older will be required to show proof of vaccination, a medical exemption, or proof of a negative rapid COVID-19 test result completed in the last 72 hours. Instructors will be checking documentation at the start of each class.
My child is in a parented aquatics program - what is required?
If you are attending a parented Aquatics program - you will have or will be receiving an email from the program coordinator with directions on how to access your program.
I am attending a private booking or rental, what is required?
Please contact your association or organization for more information on what is required.