Facility Update - April 6
Today the Government of Alberta (GOA) announced the province is moving back to Step 1 of the provincial re-opening plan.
Effective midnight Tuesday April 6, in accordance with the Step 1 restrictions announced by the Province, MacDonald Island Park will be offering the following services:
- Pre-booked, one-on-one or one-on-one household personal fitness training sessions delivered by certified RRC staff. Pre-booked personal fitness training can be booked by visiting macdonaldisland.ca/personal-training
- Pre-booked, one-on-one or one-on-one household private training at the Pepsi Climbing Wall delivered by certified RRC staff. Pre-booked private training at the Pepsi Climbing Wall can be booked by visiting macdonaldisland.ca/climbing
- Red Cross swimming lessons at the Syncrude Aquatic Centre. Information on Red Cross swimming lessons can be found at: macdonaldisland.ca/aquatics
The following changes are effective midnight Tuesday April 6:
- All pre-booked group low-intensity fitness activities, including water walking, aqua fitness, and low-intensity fitness classes are cancelled.
- The Legacy Dodge Fitness Centre and Pepsi Climbing Wall are closed for all pre-booked low-intensity fitness visits. Only one-on-one or one-on-one household personal training will be available at both amenities.
- The walking/running track is closed for pre-booked low-intensity fitness.
Please note that in alignment with the Step 1 restrictions, ALL amenities at MacDonald Island Park remain closed to drop-in Members and guests. The Syncrude Aquatic Centre remains closed for drop-in visits and lane swimming.
All annual, group, and continuous memberships have been put on hold. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your Membership, please contact Guest Services.
We will provide updates as more information is available, and look forward to welcoming our Members and guests back as soon as we are able to do so!