Kids Clubhouse Update:
With the safety of the children in our care always top of mind, our team has worked through the guidance provided by health authorities regarding Child Minding Services.
The primary safety measures required to operate a childminding amenity include physical distancing and cohorting. At this time, the implementation of these measures is not possible for drop-in care programs such as the Kids Clubhouse and as such the amenity will remain closed.
Welcome to the Kid's Clubhouse - let’s play! Offering safe, fun and engaging drop-in child minding services for children ages 2 months to 10 years old. Children can learn through play in a stimulating and fun environment, benefiting developmentally from our offered activities.
Conveniently located in the main concourse of the Suncor Community Leisure Centre, you can enjoy our amenities with peace of mind, knowing your child is being supervised by a knowledgable and experienced Clubhouse Leader.
The Kid’s Clubhouse provides you & your child with:
- Stimulating, play-based activities
- Convenient Hours
- Qualified Child Care Providers
- Monitored, Clean & Safe Environment
Enjoy the convenience of the Kid’s Clubhouse! Child minding services at the Kids Clubhouse are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no advance registration required, you & your child can just show up!
All Kids Welcome
All kid’s can have fun at the Kid’s Clubhouse! We welcome little ones as young as two months old up to 10 years old.
Experienced Clubhouse Leaders
All of our Clubhouse Leaders are highly trained, knowledgeable child care providers with First Aid & CPR Certification.
Looking for more fun? Check out our Kid's Program Drop-in Calendar.
Your Guide to Fun!
We’ve got a few rules in place to keep the clubhouse safe and fun for everyone.
- Q: What are your hours?
Monday - Thursday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm Friday 8:30 am - 2:30 pm Saturday 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Q: How much does it cost?
- A: MemberPLUS+ receives up to 3 hours of free child minding services each day based on availability.
per 30 min Pass Card* Single Child $5 $90 for 20 passes Family Pass** $6 $108 for 20 passes
- * For pass cards, each pass is equal to 30 minutes
- **Family pass includes 2+ children
- Q: Is there a chance you won't have space for my child?
- A: As a drop-in child minding service, we can't guarantee a spot will be available at all times. The Clubhouse team adjust capacities to maintain approved child to staff ratios. This ratio is dictated by the ages of children in attendance.
- Q: What is the child/staff ratio?
Age Child/Staff Ratio 2 - 11 months 3 to 1 12 - 18 months 5 to 1 19 months - 2 years old 6 to 1 3 - 10 years old 12 to 1
- Q: Can I leave MIP while my child is in the Kids Clubhouse?
- A: We require all parents to stay at MIP while their children are playing at the Kids Clubhouse.
- Q: If my child becomes sick or needs me, how will you find me at MIP?
- A: A parent's cell phone number is required for all children who visit the Kid's Clubhouse.
- Q: Can I bring a snack for my child?
- A: We recommend that parents leave a healthy snack with their children while visiting Kids Clubhouse. Please note we are a nut-free environment. Popcorn and chewing gum are also not permitted.
- Q: Where do kids use the washroom?
- A: All children are escorted to the washrooms in the main concourse and supervised at all times.
- Q: What about diaper changes?
- A: Children in diapers are welcome - please bring diapers, wipes and a change of clothes for your visit.
- Q: What qualifications do your staff have?
- A: All staff are first-aid certified.