Transportation plan finalized for Nexen CanadaROCKS 2012
Events Wood Buffalo and MacDonald Island Park in consultation with the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo is pleased to announce the transportation plan for Nexen CanadaROCKS 2012, June 29 - July 1 at MacDonald Island Park.
Residents should note no outside vehicle traffic will be permitted entry to MacDonaldIsland Park beginning at 4:00 p.m. on Friday, June 29, Saturday, June 30 and Sunday, July 1. Concert attendees and individuals visiting MacDonald Island are advised to take advantage of extended public transportation, including four designated Park & Ride locations.
The Park & Ride locations are as follows:
- Father Mercredi High School, 455 Silin Forest Road
- Timberlea School, 107 Brett Drive
- Frank Lacroix Arena, 155 Beaconwood Road (will continue to Abasand Heights before continuing to MacDonald Island Park)
- Father Beauregard School, 255 Athabasca Avenue
Park & Ride service will begin at 5:00 p.m. at each of these locations from June 29 - July 1 with buses departing every half-hour through 10:00 p.m. Buses will be available at MacDonald Island Park following each concert.
In addition to Park & Ride service, extended transit service will include the following:
- Extended regular service on Saturday, June 30 (7:45 a.m. to 1:15 a.m.) and Sunday, July 1 (6:45 a.m. to 12:45 a.m.)
- Two additional shuttles from Main Terminal at Jubilee Centre to MacDonald Island Park on Friday, June 29 (6:00 p.m. to Midnight), Saturday, June 30 (7:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.) and Sunday, July 1 (10:00 a.m. to Midnight)
- All Transit will be free Friday, June 29 (5:00 p.m. to Midnight), and Saturday, June 30 (5:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.)
- All Transit will be free Canada Day, Sunday, July 1 all day (7:45 a.m. to 12:45 a.m.)
Nexen CanadaROCKS attendees are also reminded of existing municipal construction schedules in advance of Canada Day weekend.