MacDonald Island Park introduces new Dance Academy
MacDonald Island Park is excited to introduce the new MacDonald Island Dance Academy.
The MacDonald Island Dance Academy will enrich dance classes and programs at MacDonald Island Park, while growing on the success of the highly successful Elevation Dance program.
“The MacDonald Island Dance Academy will introduce a variety of new dance programs and classes, including a Royal Academy of Dance-certified Ballet program,” said Michele Taylor, Director of Aquatic and Leisure Services at MacDonald Island Park. “Existing Elevation Dance programming will move under the umbrella of the MacDonald Island Dance Academy, as we continue to focus on developing a vibrant arts culture in our community.”
Among other programs and classes, the MacDonald Island Dance Academy will include:
· A five-level primary Dance program (children aged six and under)
· Six-level specialized Dance programs including Jazz, Hip Hop, Tap, & Modern/Lyrical (children aged 7-12)
· Royal Academy of Dance-certified Ballet
· Dance Unlimited package
· MacDonald Island Dance Academy Camps (Multi-Disciplinary, Visual & Performing, Arts, Jazz and Ballet Intensive)
MacDonald Island Dance Academy is pleased to offer price reductions on the five-level primary Dance program and the six-level specialized Dance programs. The cost for the primary Dance program has been reduced by 44%, while specialized Dance programs have been reduced by 19% from last season.
The public is cordially invited to two in-person information and registration sessions:
· July 8, Noon-5:00 p.m. (Miskanaw South Ballroom)
· August 18, Noon-5:00 p.m. (Athabasca Room)
Students interested in Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) fall Ballet exams should note that they must register for summer RAD Ballet camps in order to qualify for fall RAD Ballet exams.
Current MacDonald Island Dance Academy programs can be viewed at macdonaldisland.ca, while fall programs can be viewed here. The MacDonald Island Dance Academy can be contacted directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.