MacDonald Island Park announces extended operating hours and registration for summer programs
The Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo (RRC) is pleased to announce registration for summer programs will begin next week. In addition, MacDonald Island Park will extend facility operating hours as of July 4th.
“We feel it is very important to offer programs and lessons this summer as we see members of our community return after the events this spring,” said Annette Antoniak, Chief Executive Officer of the RRC. “We also know it is very important to extend our facility operating hours as quickly as possible for our members, visitors and community residents. We hope with these summer programs and the extension of operating hours at MacDonald Island Park, our community will be able to enjoy the summer in our region and at our facilities.”
Online registration for summer programs begins on Tuesday, June 28, while in-person registration at the Suncor Community Leisure Centre begins on Wednesday, June 29. ‘ONE Pass’ holders are able to register online a day early on Monday, June 27 at macdonaldisland.ca.
Operating hours at MacDonald Island Park as of July 4th are as follows:
- Suncor Community Leisure Centre: 5:00 am to 11:00 pm Monday to Friday and 7:00 am – 10:00 pm Saturday and Sunday
- Syncrude Aquatic Centre: 7:00 am -9:00 pm (Leisure Aquatics including water slides and splash park 10:00 am – 9:00 pm)
- SMS Equipment Child Mind: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm Monday to Friday
- Climbing Wall: Monday to Friday 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm and Saturday and Sunday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Shell Place: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm