Limited edition Roots 73 Mi Kids Canada Day hoodies to go on sale
MacDonald Island Park in partnership with Roots 73 is excited to introduce a limited edition Mi Kids Canada Day hooded sweatshirt, which will go on sale Thursday, June 28 at 1:00 p.m.
The red hooded sweatshirt, which is embroidered with a maple leaf and the Mi Kids logo, is the first item in a Roots 73 clothing line that will support the Mi Kids program.
Only 500 Mi Kids Canada Day hoodies will be available: It will be sold at Guest Services beginning on Thursday and at the Nexen CanadaROCKS concert grounds from June 29-July 1 at the MacDonald Island Park tent.
The Mi Kids Canada Day hoodies are $80 for adults and $50 for youth sizes, GST included. All proceeds from sale of Mi Kids Roots 73 clothing will be benefit the Mi Kids program.
“We’re excited to begin this partnership with Roots 73 as we get ready to launch a very important program in Mi Kids,” said Tim Reid, Chief Operating Officer at MacDonald Island Park. “Support for a community-based initiative, Canada Day weekend, Roots 73, and Nexen CanadaROCKS – it’s the perfect setting to introduce the vision behind the Mi Kids program.”
MacDonald Island is proud to announce community members that have officially pledged to purchase a Mi Kids Canada Day hoodie on Thursday. The group includes, among others:
· Melissa Blake, Mayor, Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
· Hon. Don Scott, MLA, Fort McMurray-Conklin and Associate Minister of Accountability, Transparency and Transformation
· Philip Meagher, Councillor, Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
· Nick Sanders, President, Fort McMurray Chamber of Commerce and Chair, MacDonald Island Park Board of Directors
· Jean-Marc Guillamot, Area Director, Fort McMurray Hotels
About Mi Kids
Currently in development, the Mi Kids program will aim to remove financial barriers to participation at MacDonald Island Park, making access to sports, leisure, and cultural programs more accessible for children in our community.
MacDonald Island Park expects to fully introduce Mi Kids this fall.