Community advised of facility operating hours, parking and vehicle access on June 27
In advance of Northern Kickoff II on June 27 the Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo (RRC) is pleased to share key details of operations at MacDonald Island Park on that date.
Operations at MacDonald Island Park on June 27 are as follows:
· The Suncor Community Leisure Centre is open as per normal Saturday operating hours on June 27 (7:00 am to 10:00 pm)
· The Miskanaw Golf Club is open on June 27 as per normal operating hours
· All community members wishing to access the amenities at MacDonald Island on June 27 are encouraged to utilize Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo public transit to reduce congestion
· At 11:00 am MacDonald Island Park closes to public vehicle access and parking (with the exception of Miskinaw Golf Club patrons and ONE Passholders)
· As per policy established in 2013, 200 parking stalls are available for ONE Passholders and Miskinaw Golf Club patrons (ONE Pass card must be shown to security to access the ONE Passholder parking)
Pre-game festivities begin at Rock the Lot in the Shell Place Baseball Stadium at MacDonald Island Park at 1:00 pm on June 27.
· Beginning at 12:30 pm free transit for Northern Kickoff II ticket holders(accessible by showing game ticket) is available as per transportation routes and information available at northernkickoff.ca
· Gates at SMS Equipment Stadium open at 1:00 pm for the 3:00 pm kickoff time
Tickets for Northern Kickoff II on June 27, the first regular season Canadian Football League game in Wood Buffalo history and featuring the Toronto Argonauts vs. the Edmonton Eskimos, can be purchased online at northernkickoff.ca, the Box Office at Shell Place or at Guest Services on the main floor of the Suncor Community Leisure Centre.