Given public health guidelines in place for recreation centres, adjustments have been made to fitness classes & new safety measures have been implemented.
- For the month of August, drop-in fitness classes will take place in SMS Equipment Stadium at Shell Place.
- Change rooms will not be available, please come dressed for your activity.
- Physical distancing measures will be in place for all fitness classes.
- Participants are asked to bring their own equipment for classes:
- Yoga classes: Yoga mats, and blocks & straps (optional)
- Barre & Bootcamp: 3-15lb weights (optional)
Ready to shake up your fitness routine? Check out our Fitness Drop-in Calendar.
New in 2019! Introducing The Studio. Located across from the Box Office at Shell Place, this bright and modern studio offers quick and direct access to group fitness classes in a new location. Enjoy boutique-style fitness classes led by our fitness specialist that work your body and your mind in an encouraging and welcoming atmosphere.
Group Training Classes will keep you motivated and our highly trained staff are dedicated to leading safe and effective workouts, helping you look great and feel amazing.
Challenge yourself with a blood-pumping cardio class or restore your mind and body with yoga. Our schedule features a number of different class styles, learn what works for you.
- HIIT, or high-intensity interval training, is a training technique in which you give an all-out effort through quick, intense bursts of exercise, followed by short recovery periods. HIIT increases and maintains a high heart rate resulting in more fat burn in less time.
- Barre combines ballet-inspired moves with elements of cardio, pilates, yoga and light weights. Barre focuses on high reps of small range movements resulting in long, lean muscles.
- Originating in India, yoga is a meditative practice which focuses on wellbeing on all levels: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. Classes include cleansing breaths (pranayama), poses (asanas) and meditations.
- Zumba is a exercise fitness program that combines latin inspired dance moves with interval training, alternating fast & slow rhythms. Classes feel more like a dance party than a workout - which is what makes Zumba so popular.
|10:00 - 11:00 am||
Parent & Tot
|12:00 - 12:45 am||HIIT the
Once you’ve decided which class is right for you, simply show up! Our drop-in classes require no registration, you can check in at The Studio.