Program Registration by Phone
When you call to register, you will need to provide:
- Your full name
- Phone number
- Address, including postal code
- Name of the activity, start date and time
- Your credit card number and expiry date
- E-mail (optional)
Visit the Guest Services Desk in the Suncor Community Leisure Centre at MacDonald Island Park and our staff will gladly assist you. Payment options include cash, debit and credit card. Guest Services hours:
- Monday to Friday: 5 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Creating a Programs and Services Account
Programs and Services accounts can be set up by calling the Suncor Community Leisure Centre Guest Services staff at 780-791-0070. You will need to provide your phone number, address, child’s birth dates, health card number, medical conditions and emergency contact information. This account will allow quick registration for all programs offered at MacDonald Island Park and track all previous program participation.
The Not-So-Fine Print
- Registration is on a first come, first served basis
- Payment must be made in full at the time of registration
- Activities will not be held on statutory holidays
- Minimum number of participants to run a program is calculated based on what is required to cover costs (ie. instructor, facility use, supplies)
- Maximum number of participants is calculated on licensing standards and safety considerations
Why Do Great Activities Get Cancelled?
With your busy life we know it is sometimes difficult to complete your child’s registration. Unfortunately if the minimum number of registrants is not met activities will be cancelled two business days prior to activity start date, giving the instructor and facility sufficient notice. So please avoid disappointment and register early!
MacDonald Island Park guests are able to transfer programs/classes based on availability at no additional charge (up to 48 hours before the start of the first session). All programs and camps offered at MacDonald Island Park are non-transferable and non-refundable unless an individual is moving out of the Wood Buffalo area or can provide a doctor’s note regarding a health concern. If a refund is granted MacDonald Island Park will retain 10 per cent of the registration fee to cover administrative costs.
We Care About Your Experience
Your feedback is always welcome, and is important for developing quality activities the community will enjoy and find beneficial. Instructors and trainers will provide you with a short evaluation form at the end of each program, and you can also complete a feedback form at Guest Services. We would also love to hear if you really enjoyed an activity!