Aquatic Centre Notice: Please be advised the Country 93.3 Yellow Slide, Rock 97.9 Rock Slide & Lazy River will be closed for maintenance from December 11-18. Thank you for your understanding.
To enhance quality of life in Wood Buffalo by ensuring every KID can afford to have fun.
Ensure financial assistance to Wood Buffalo youth and families that face barriers to participation in sport, recreation, social and cultural programs and activities.
- Provide confidential and meaningful assistance to youth and families
- Maximize accessibility to program assistance
- Deliver timely support and avoid bureaucratic process
- Deliver assistance to the Regional community
- Ensure program sustainability via creative fundraising efforts and accountability
- Deliver results that make a difference
- Recruit and retain partners that share a similar vision
About Mi Kids
The Mi Kids program aims to provide barrier-free participation to sport, recreation, social and cultural programs and activities in the Wood Buffalo region. The Mi speaks to MacDonald Island Park as the governing organization and the KIDS element defines a vision through which all youth should have access to participation in these key individual and community-building areas.
Parents, teachers, coaches and community members can nominate youth to receive program, activity and/or equipment funding. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Program, sport and/or class registration fees
- Facility memberships to amenities based throughout the community, including the Suncor Community Leisure Centre, Miskanaw Golf Club, the Fort McMurray Oil Sands Curling Club, Noralta Skating Club and Syncrude Sport and Wellness Centre and YMCA of Wood Buffalo, among other facilities
- Sporting and/or activity equipment
- Any need approved by the Mi Kids committee that is deemed in the interest of Kids having fun
Budget and Fundraising
The annual budget is $25,000 prior to the addition of funds raised from the following avenues:
- Five percent (5%) of all MacDonald Island Park facility partnerships
- All proceeds from the sale of the Mi Kids Roots 73 clothing line
- Individual, corporate and organizational donations